Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And the GAME goes on...

How effective were your actions in helping you meet your goals?


What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?

What do you still have to learn? What new questions have arisen?

How will you adjust your plan to fit your current needs?


Last week I talked about creating classroom wikis.  Permission slips have been distributed and I'm waiting to get them back.  Honestly, I thought the kids would be so excited to have this opportunity. The permissions are dribbling in rather slowly.  In reality, I think I am the one who is excited...they blog/text/IM/ect. already so this will probably be "old hat" to them.  I'm the one who's new to the game! 

Anyway, I still need to play (learn) with the wiki before its maiden voyage next week.  Everyone who has used one seems so happy with the experience and says how easy they are to use.  I hope this is true!  A new question:  on a wiki, can you hide the discussion application? Can you delete discussion posts?  That's something I need to find out. 

Although I am a bit apprehensive about this project, I am very excited as well.  Learning about the new technologies and using them with my classes has added interest and engagement for me as well!

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    I congratulate you on taking those first steps towards classroom wikis. It must be exciting for you. I am sure that your students will love it too. Best of luck.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    Like Frank, I would like to offer my congratulations on taking that big first step. Don't get discouraged though, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this project, and when everybody knows about the wonderful things you're doing, you will be very successful with it. I'm sure of it.

    Just keep at it, and you'll see that it was all worth it.

    Anything you need, just give me a ring, I'll help in any way I can.

    Cesar

    ReplyDelete